11cm (W) x 25 cm (L) x 26cm (H)
$1,150.00 inc GST
The Bitossi family was documented in the territory of Montelupo Fiorentino as far back as 1536. Over the centuries they have been kiln workers, sculptors, painters, but especially potters in this area with its ancient ceramic traditions, only a few kilometers away from the city of Florence. In 1921 Guido Bitossi founded the “Maioliche artistiche Guido Bitossi” factory, proposing a type of production still linked to the tradition and classical styles of the past. Aldo Londi, a man with an innate creative and aesthetic sense, and a keen eye to the changes in the taste and the uniqueness of the Italian products, entered Bitossi in 1946 and from that time on was the undisputed protagonist for more than fifty years, first as a painter, then as artistic director, and finally as tireless researcher of styles and examples to be emulated.
1 in stock